The government took the threat of UFOs so seriously in the 1950s that UK intelligence chiefs met to discuss the issue, newly-released files show.
Cases in the files include:
- The "Welsh Roswell", an incident in 1974 that saw people strange lights in the sky and feeling earth tremors.
- A near-miss incident with an "unidentified object" that was reported by both the Captain and the First Officer of a passenger plane near Manchester Airport in 1995.
- Attempted rebberies at RAF Rudloe Manor in Wiltshire which is sometimes referred to as Britain's Area 51.
- The Western Isles Incident, in which a loud explosion was reported up in the sky over the Atlantic in the Outer Hebrides.
- A film relating to the Blue Streak missile test launch in 1964, was missing 14 minutes of footage. Many believe it was removed as it showed an alien.
Read more: bbc.co.uk
Image source: womenofscifi.blogspot.com